Menelik was the son of King Solomon and Queen Makeda of Sheba and Ethiopia. He was raised as a Jew by his mother in her homeland, Ethiopia and he traveled to Jerusalem to meet his father, King Solomon in his twenties. Solomon wanted Menelik to rule Israel, although he turned downSolomon's requests for him to be his heir, preferring to remain in his home. Menelik chose to return home.
Solomon gifted the Ark of the Covenant to his son, although his later attempts to recover it were unsuccessful. Menelik succeeded his mother as queen in 982 BC, reigning until his death in 957 BC and inaugurating the Solomonic dynasty.
Menelik I is a figure of paramount importance in Ethiopian history and lore, revered as the first emperor of the Solomonic dynasty, which claims descent from King Solomon of Israel and the Queen of Sheba.According to Ethiopian tradition, Menelik I journeyed to Jerusalem to meet his father, Solomon, and returned to Ethiopia with the Ark of the Covenant, signifying the adoption of Judeo-Christian elements into Ethiopian culture. This narrative has played a crucial role in shaping Ethiopian national identity, religious practices, and monarchy.While historical evidence for Menelik I's reign is scarce, his story encapsulates the blend of history and mythology that characterizes much of Ethiopia's rich heritage.King Menelik I established a lineage and Christian traditions that shaped Ethiopian identity and national unity for centuries.Menelik I was the legendary first Emperor of Ethiopia... His name means "Son of the Wise" (Ebna la-Hakim).
See More Posts
The True History And Origin Of Israel
Here Is The Story Of How The First Fastest Computer Was ProgProgrammed By A Blackman







Comments
Post a Comment